Harris & Harris Wealth is a woman-led, minority-owned financial advisory firm that helps successful women make smart decisions about their money. The firm’s Principal, Zaneilia Harris, has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, and Essence magazine.
The firm is seeking an intern who is eager to gain hands-on experience in the marketing field.
The intern will be responsible for determining the appropriate marketing tactics based on strategic direction from the firm’s Principal, Mrs. Harris, as well as from guidance presented in written strategic plans developed by the firm’s third-party vendors.
The Harris & Harris Wealth Marketing Intern will learn and assist in the following areas:
- Identifying opportunities for branding, partnership, sponsorship and speaking opportunities for Mrs. Harris
- Assisting in researching and assessing these opportunities
- Researching and brainstorming new marketing tactics and events
- Assisting in research for audience development
- Assisting in marketing campaign and event recaps
- Assisting in planning promotional events as needed
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Draft and manage distribution of client marketing communications, including email, website, and common social media channels
- Coordinate marketing collateral from copywriting through production
- Use and update media lists for marketing activities
- Creating engaging social media content and brainstorming new social initiative
- Performing research to find articles and resources that are relevant to our clients. Here’s an example of one that would intrigue the Harris & Harris team: (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/relationship-between-finance-industry-black-america-pt-david-coble-1/)
- Draft pitch letters and/or email pitch memos to vendors with the approval of Mrs. Harris
- Update production schedules and advertising/editorial calendars
- Update client websites and support email campaigns
- Manage development, materials/delivery, and tracking of advertising
- Assist with other projects as needed (examples include print production support, social media management, etc.)
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program
- Marketing, Integrated Communications, Public Relationships, and Digital Marketing degree programs
- Experience working in WordPress
- Interest and/or passion for African-American culture is preferred
- Interest in the financial industry is preferred
- Self-starter and detail-oriented individual with strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and hit numerous deadlines simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Extremely comfortable with social media administration
- Web and graphic design experience is a major plus!
The duration of the internship is a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 12 months
Interns are expected to work 5 hours a week
This is an unpaid internship, but a bonus will be paid out based on performance (If your efforts contribute to two, $5,000 client engagements with the firm, a 10% bonus will be issued).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com